The Caravan and Motorhome Club is run by members, for members. Our membership is dedicated to exploring all that caravanning has to offer, and sharing that knowledge throughout the community.
If you are not already a Caravan and Motorhome Club member CLICK HERE to go to the Caravan and Motorhome Club website and join online – Don’t forget to register as a Centre member whilst you are there. You may choose any of the 3 Irish Centres – Leinster, Munster or Ulster or if you are not from Ireland any of the remaining 66 Centres throughout the rest of the UK.
Caravan and Motorhome Club Facts
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club has been operating for 110 years
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club is the Largest touring organization in Europe, representing over one million members who tour with either a caravan, motorhome or trailer tent.
- The Wanderer caravan was the first purpose-built leisure caravan made in 1885. It still exists and is owned by The Caravan and Motorhome Club. There is a picture of the Wanderer on the Press Photo Gallery page of the Caravan and Motorhome Club website.
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club is a successful £100 million turnover business, with over 1200 employees, but first and foremost it’s a members’ club.
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club has the largest network of privately owned campsites in the UK, with over 200 large club owned sites and 2500 Certified Locations (CLs) – small 5 van sites on privately owned land such as farms, gardens of stately homes or next to pubs.
- The Club has its own Overseas Travel Service, which can make ferry and sites bookings for its members, and gives access to an extensive and high quality overseas site network.
- Membership of the Caravan and Motorhome Club also provides members with access to a wide range of specialist insurance products, including caravan and motorhome insurance.
- Membership of the Caravan and Motorhome Club also provides members access to free help and advice including; the Technical Advice team, a Legal Advice helpline and an Overseas Advice line. Members also receive a free monthly magazine and a host of other special partnership offers.
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club continues to invest in its sites network – over £114 million in the last ten years, using local suppliers whenever possible.
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club’s monthly magazine has a bigger audited circulation than Hello! magazine. The official ABC figure is 360,000.
- In total tourers contribute almost £1.5 billion a year to local economies, VAT and motoring taxes for the exchequer.
- The smallest and lightest caravans weigh 750kg or less and can be towed by most small hatchbacks
- You can easily buy a serviceable secondhand caravan for less than the cost of a 2 week family holiday in a hotel.
- There are hundreds of outlets nationwide which will let you hire a vehicle (anything from a small VW campervan to a luxury modern family motorhome or caravan) if you want to try before you buy.
- You can take your dog, cat, rabbit or parrot with you when you go caravanning.
Advice For Beginners
With over 110 years of experience, the Caravan and Motorhome Club can help you get started. With vehicle guides to tips for towing a caravan, that can help to get you on your journey. Advice for beginners